Our Beginnings

 

On August 30, 1891, eight men met in the house if Henry Licht to organize Cross Evangelical Lutheran Church.

The eight founding fathers were: Henry Bergman, Henry Licht, Fred Mente, John Nitz, Henry Schuette, Fred Trost, Henry Trost, and William Trost


The congregation worshiped in homes or barns until the first church was built on Main Street in Pigeon.  It was dedicated on July 17, 1892.  On November 4, 1904, it was decided to build a new church.  On December 3, 1905, the church was dedicated.
Our present church building was dedicated on May 4, 1980.


Pastors who have ministered to the Cross Lutheran Congregation since 1891 are:

 

 

Worship services were conducted in German until English and German services began in July of 1926.  In 1974, 18-year-old men and women were permitted to vote.  Since our eight founding fathers met in 1891, our congregation has grown to 644 baptized members.

 

We thank God for the many blessings through the years.

1891 - 1925

1925 - 1939

1939

1939 - 1950

1950 - 1974

1974 - 2001

2001 - 2004

2004 - 2005

2005 - 2007

2007 - 2018

2018 - 2019

2019 - Present

Rev. C. Richard Praetorius

Rev. Henry Meuser

Rev. Robert Born

Rev. Emil Richter

Rev. Ernst Henkelmann

Rev. Raymond Orth

Rev. Dellis Hudson

Rev, Joe Wold

Rev. Tom Zollman

Rev. Timothy Loehrke

Rev. Mike Tammoria

Rev. Glenn Sokolowsky

© 2015 by Cross Lutheran Evangelical Lutheran Church. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • facebook-square
Facebook